No need to spend time running miles or exhausting yourself beyond limitations to stay fit.
Here's a few ideas that can fit into most of our daily routines...
* Walk to the store or post office rather than drive, if not too far.
* Take the stairs instead of the elevator, at least part way if doable.
* Get off the train or bus a few stops ahead of your destination and walk the rest of the way.
* Park your car a few blocks from your destination when visiting and have nothing heavy to carry.
* Put on upbeat music and dance while you sweep/Swifter floors.(Be sure to have sneakers on.)
* Exercise in the shower. Do shoulder rolls. Turn your head from left to right. Stretch. (Make sure you're standing on a rubber bath mat.)
* Keep a pair of light weights on hand. Pick them up a few times a day and do eight to ten curls.
* While at the beach, get up and walk along the shore a few times.
* While on the phone, do some leg lifts and squats, or walk around while talking.
* Don't be a total couch potato. Get up during commercials to walk or jog around the house (not to get snacks.)
Of course a regular routine of walking, biking or swimming is the ideal, but if not possible, we can still move it and not lose it.